In an effort to educate parents about the importance of safe sleeping, Safe Sleep Space has partnered with HALO to bring the HALO Safe Sleep Hospital Program to Australia. The program replaces the traditional blankets used in maternity units and Special Care Nurseries with a supply of HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle wearable blankets to model a safe, blanket-free alternative for parents.
HALO® SleepSack Wearable Blanket: A Safer Way to Sleep®
Created by Bill Schmid after losing his daughter to SIDS, the HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle has been thoughtfully designed with paediatric nursing input and tested in hospital environments.
- In addition to helping baby sleep safer, it helps baby sleep better, too. The adjustable swaddle wrap helps contain baby’s arms to reduce the “Moro” or startle reflex.
- The 2-in-1 adjustable swaddle allows for swaddling arms in or arms out for baby’s comfort and to ensure an easy and gentle transition to the SleepSack® wearable blanket when it is time to stop swaddling.
- The HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle is also recognised as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
The safe design and superior quality has been recognised by leading safe sleep and safety organisations, and is used in more than 1,400 hospitals in North America and now several leading hospitals in Australia - to promote safe sleep.
The Hospital Program Includes:
- HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle wearable blankets for in-hospital use, made of durable fabric with easy access to monitor leads, and custom embroidered with your hospital logo.
- Safe sleep educational materials for parents and staff training.
How Does the Program Work?
- Swaddles are provided to your hospital FREE of charge.
- Brochures for distribution in Maternity Pre Admission Packs, Antenatal Classes and within Maternity Unit are also provided at no cost.
- Volumes are calculated to cover 18% of your total annual births, which allows for 2 swaddles per baby, per day. This formula has been calculated over the many 1000’s of hospitals in which the program operates.
Fees and charges:
- Custom embroidery fee of $4 per unit.
- Postage/delivery, which is calculated on volume and shipping destination.
- Annual administration fee of $700, which includes online training materials and education for hospital staff.
- Replacement fee of $8 per unit.
- Learn more about HALO product certifications here.
- In addition to meeting the mandatory standards for Childrens Nightwear in Australia (AS/NZS 1249), every production run of HALO® SleepSack® Swaddles are tested independently by Intertek.
Take Home Pack