Safe Sleep Space and our sister organisation Nourish Baby, have partnered with Teachers Health to provide a program designed to help their members navigate pregnancy, birth and first few months of life with a newborn. The innovative and specialised program provides practical information and support on a range of antenatal and early parenting matters, including sleep and settling routines.
What does the New Family Program include?
Members participating in the program receive:
Safe Sleep Space/Nourish video programs – a USB flash drive containing six video segments which offer useful, common sense ante- and post-natal information, plus tips to gently prepare your baby for sleep. Topics include childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, understanding your baby and settling.
Safe Sleep Space book – this easy to read book presents information on infant development, including what are realistic expectations and gentle approaches to sleep.
Soothing Sounds for Sleep CD – based on the meditative effect of the multiple sound layers found within nature, this CD creates ‘white noise’ using the movement of ocean waters fused with the rhythm of powerful binaural heartbeats.
- Two 20 minute Safe Sleep Space telephone consultations - Members participating in the program also receive access to telephone consultations with a trained Safe Sleep Space consultant. Based on individual circumstances, the consultations will support members through any early parenting challenges, particularly concerning infant sleep and settling.
Can any member access the program?
To be eligible for this program you must be a member of Teachers Health and have Hospital Cover with all waiting periods served and be expecting a baby or have a baby who is less than three months old. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
To find out more, contact Teachers Health on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 727 538. Eligible members will then be connected with a dedicated Teachers Healthcare Services care coordinator who will support members on their personal journey.
How do I register for the program?
If you are a Teachers Health member click HERE to register. You will be directed to the Teachers Health website where you will be able to find out more information about the program.
How is the program delivered?
The program is delivered in three parts;
- Following registration, you will be contacted by Teachers Healthcare Services on behalf of Teachers Health Fund to explain what happens next. Prior to baby’s arrival you will receive your new Family Gift from Teachers Health. This kit will include your:
- Safe Sleep Space/Nourish Baby Video Program USB
- Safe Sleep Space CD
- Safe Sleep Space book
- Safe Sleep Space will email you prior to your due date with the date of your first telephone consultation. Please note if this time is not suitable it can easily be changed by calling Safe Sleep Space on 1300 775 337.
- You will receive telephone support calls based on your personal situation and needs with a Safe Sleep Space Consultant. These telephone consultations will be provided around three weeks and again around three months following the birth of your baby. Safe Sleep Space will remind you, by text, prior to your telephone booking times.
Other important information about the program:
- Teachers Health members must register directly via Teachers Health.
- Once a member is registered by Teachers Health, it is understood that Teachers Health has only referred members to Safe Sleep Space with their expressed consent for Teachers Healthcare Services to transfer their personal details to Safe Sleep Space as well as a referral summary.
- Furthermore, Teachers Health will only accept members into the program (and hence refer to Safe Sleep Space) if they, the member, consent to have their care summary transferred to Teachers Healthcare Services.
- Your information provided to Safe Sleep Space will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of providing you with the program.
- De-identified program data will be provided to your Insurance Company by Safe Sleep Space purely to assess the success of and for improvements to delivering the program.
- If members no longer wish to be a part of the program, they are permitted to opt out at any time by emailing ‘optout’ to email@example.com.
- This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of Teachers Health Fund to support our members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services.